Grand Bahama Airport Company
Grand Bahama International Airport (GBIA) is a privately owned joint venture between Hutchison Port Holdings (HPH) and The Port Group (The Grand Bahama Port Authority). This facility also includes an additional 741 acres of land adjoining the Airport and Harbour into one operating entity, known as the Sea Air Business Center(S/ABC).
The Airport has an 11,000-ft. runway capable of handling the largest aircraft in service and is within easy reach of all major U.S. destinations. Major upgrading and expansion to the facility were completed by March 2004, enhancing the position as a world class airport. The airport operates a 24 hours service daily.
Among the features available at the Grand Bahama International Airport are:
- Full 24 Hours Weather Service
- ILS (Instrument Landing System)
- VOR System
- PAPI (Position Approach Path Indicator) system
- Distance Remaining Markers
- Category seven (7) Fire Fighting Facilities
- General Aviation services, including fuelling
- Special Cargo/Freight handling area
- US Pre-Clearance Facility