Airline Safety: On Par with U.S. Standards
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has assessed The Bahamas’ Civil Aviation Authority as Category 1 – in compliance with international aviation safety standards for oversight of Bahamian air carrier operations.
In other words:
(1) the Bahamas has the laws or regulations necessary to support the certification and oversight of air carriers in accordance with minimum international standards;
(2) the Bahamas has the technical expertise, resources, and organization to license or oversee air carrier operations;
(3) the Bahamas has adequately trained and qualified technical personnel;
(4) the Bahamas provides adequate inspector guidance to ensure enforcement of, and compliance with, minimum international standards; and
(5) the Bahamas has sufficient documentation and records of certification and adequate continuing oversight and surveillance of air carrier operations.
For further information, travelers may contact the Department of Transportation within the United States at telephone 1-800-322-7873.